Our client operates over 16,000 retail stores nationwide and is growing by opening 400 stores a year. There are almost unlimited opportunities for personal career growth and promotion. Join the winning team!
Human Resources Manager
Are you looking to join one of the best retail teams in America? Creating a culture that provides a compelling place to shop, work and invest is essential to achieving our corporate goals, and you can help us succeed in that by becoming a Human Resources Manager at a busy multi-shift distribution center (DC). The HR Manager serves as the human resources leader and provides guidance and support to the building's operational leadership team. This role leads a team of HR professionals that oversee all aspects of human resources within the DC in a complex, automated, high volume retail distribution center with multiple shifts. You'll serve as the brand ambassador in the local community, provide both strategic and tactical guidance with a true generalist scope, and partner with the business to create and execute a plan for success. Our client operates over 16,000 retail stores nationwide and is growing by opening 400 stores a year. There are almost unlimited opportunities for personal career growth and promotion. Join the winning team!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the HR function in a DC
• Advise and influence senior leaders within the DC on people matters
• Lead key HR objectives and drive continuous improvement within the DC
• Advise and influence senior leaders on leadership development, engagement, strategic staffing planning, succession planning, training, performance management, and compliance
• Lead initiatives and influence leaders to create a positive work environment that will maintain a union-free work environment
• Lead the HR team to ensure prompt and accurate administration of payroll, benefits, attendance tracking, performance management, and records maintenance
• Provide guidance and influence to ensure that DC leaders administer policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
• Ensure that facility remains current and adheres to company policies, and local, state, and federal employment laws
• Lead onboarding and training in the facility; influence leaders and Associates to build engaged teams
• Lead and influence a development culture, create development routines in the DC, personally develop leaders, and ensure effective succession planning is in place
• Lead hourly and exempt staffing process to identify new/improved sourcing strategies, create sourcing pools and improve overall time to fill; partner with SSC Talent Acquisition to fill hard-to-fill or senior DC positions
• Effectively interact with Associates and leaders in resolving employee relations issues
• Collaborate with SSC and DC partners and participate in network continuous improvement initiatives
• Analyze data related to turnover, productivity, attendance, and safety, and recommend/initiate solutions to reduce costs, maximize efficiencies, meet Company goals, and reduce risks
• Create and maintain a performance culture
• Conduct internal investigations, including but not limited to harassment, theft, and EEOC charges recommends a course of action based on the outcome
• Build strong community ties, maintain a positive employment brand, and keep updated on local issues that affect the DC
• Minimize Workers' Compensation costs and accident/incident costs by establishing and promoting programs that provide for a safe workplace and a safety-conscious workforce
• Continually increase and facilitate the communication and sharing of ideas between leaders and Associates
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) while interacting with all levels of management at the DC and the SSC, including but not limited to GM, Director, VP, and Chief
• Display strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills with excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrate ability to influence others while serving as a role model and team leader
• Lead, guide, and direct a team of hourly/salaried HR Associates
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Demonstrate ability to initiate, promote, and participate in teams; as well as the ability to function independently
• Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
• Experience: A minimum of 5 years prior HR management in support of a light industrial workforce is required. Client group must be at least 200 Associates.
• Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week
• Must work with limited supervision
• Must know state/federal employment/labor laws and regulations
• Must be able to effectively work in a team environment
• Must be able to effectively manage hourly/salaried Team Members
• Must be able to work flexible shift schedules
• Computer Skills: Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and HRIS systems.
• Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, and communication skills.
• Strong analytical ability to gather, interpret, and disseminate information, as well as develop, record, and implement solutions.
• Requires previous supervisory experience and in-depth working knowledge of all HR functions, including a strong understanding, knowledge, and interpretive ability regarding employment law.
• Requires rapid and thorough independent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and the ability to accept personal and departmental accountability for areas of responsibility. Requires occasional out-of-town travel.
• 7 years of experience leading the HR function for a large-volume, complex retail distribution or fulfillment center preferred
• Preferred client group size is at least 400 Associates, working multiple shifts
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or SPHR certification preferred with five years of progressively more responsible HR Generalist experience
• Training experience preferred
This is not to a complete list of job duties: You may determine that you should perform other duties or the company assign you other duties. Also, this job description may be amended or added to as needed.
What we offer you:
Our client offers a complete benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Due to our tremendous growth, we also offer excellent career GROWTH opportunities for motivated individuals.