Human Resources Manager -Union Experience Required
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has an exciting new opportunity for Human Resources Manager. The successful candidate in this role will provide leadership in the HR function of the unionized manufacturing facility, in alignment with Company strategy and directives. The individual will lead a small but highly effective team and will have an oversight of all areas of HR, main areas of focus being Labour/Employee Relations and Performance Management. Working in matrix structure the incumbent will act as a strategic partner to the facility's Operations function, while staying aligned with Corporate strategy and actively participating in Magellan's global HR Council.
Key deliverable for the position is maintaining a safe and productive workforce, compliant will all legislative frameworks.
Labour and Employee Relations
- Act as Facility Lead for Union negotiations and all other agreements associated to the collective agreement(s)
- Resolve disputes, complaints, and grievances for all employees
- Manage the exit strategy/process for all personnel leaving the company on a non-voluntary basis and ensure legal & collective agreement compliance.
- Manage personnel to be in compliance with company policies, rules and regulations and all areas of legal compliance (e.g. Human Rights, ESA, etc.).
- Deliver company communications related to Human Resources and company policies, rule and regulations.
- Formulate and align the HR Strategic Plan with company objectives.
- Designing effective budget for the HR Department
- Seek opportunities to improve departmental processes and recommend solutions to ensure effectiveness
- Take part in recruitment and selection strategies.
- Maintain and provide advice in regard to pension and benefits for employees and managers
- Implementing pay structure revisions and oversee payroll and other employment records.
- Manage and ensure compliance and completion for personnel's annual performance appraisals.
- Liaise and work with various levels of management to determine employees areas that require strengthening/improvement
- Create performance improvement plans to align employee's competencies with their position's needs/tasks/duties
- Ensure security of company premises in accordance with CG/ITAR regulations
- Oversee the training function
- Ensure a safe working environment and compliance with OHSA
- University Degree or College Diploma (or higher) in Human Resources (an asset)
- 5-10 years HR experience in unionized environment with 5–10 years of relevant management experience
- Experience in the manufacturing sector is highly desirable.
- Professional Accreditations: HRPAO a plus
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Candidates who are chosen for the position will need to pass a security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program and obtain and maintain a Contract Security clearance at the Reliability Status level
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)