Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a permanent Human Resources Generalist at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This is a full-time position within a unionized environment.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support a client group of unionized, professional and salaried employees;
- Administer the collective agreement and grievance process and act as a key member of the collective bargaining team;
- Partner with the business to achieve its objectives by identifying human resources issues and by supporting the analysis and diagnosis of client needs;
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource legislative requirements; conducting investigations; and maintaining records;
- Support the design, development and delivery of tailored HR solutions to the business units’ needs, specifically in the areas of: compensation, workforce planning, employee relations, labour relations, training and development, and performance management;
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition Advisor and support the business unit management with identifying recruitment strategies and resolving recruitment roadblocks;
- Measure the impact of human resources initiatives in order to add more value for the function;
- Contribute to the continuous process improvement of the HR team and Business Unit by influencing human resources strategies, policies and methods;
- Participate in ongoing HR initiatives and projects to enhance HR services to the business;
- Manage and process day to day human resources transactions;
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- You hold a College Diploma or a Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or a related field;
- You have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in HR;
- Experience working in Labour Relations will be considered a strong asset;
- Experience in a unionized environment will be considered an asset;
- You are a motivated individual that promotes change;
- You are an individual who easily collaborates and works in a team;
- You have experience working as a human resources generalist in a changing, fast-paced environment;
- You have the proven ability to quickly build strong relationships at all levels of the organization;
- You are solutions-oriented;
- You have the proven ability to learn new tasks, processes, and concepts quickly;
- You are eligible for ITAR and Controlled Goods Clearance.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.