Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes job postings and classified advertisements. Develop applicant pools, screen and interview applicants, conduct reference and background investigations.
- Aggressive talent sourcing and recruiting of qualified candidates using various methods
- Interview and guide candidates through the hiring and onboarding process
- Administer job posting procedures and selection of employees for promotion within the plant to ensure fairness and equity.
- Recruits, interviews, conducts reference investigations, and recommends candidates for hourly, non-exempt positions at the plant level. Follows all company procedures and guidelines for selection of hourly paid job vacancies.
- Conducts orientation for new employees regarding Company policies and procedures, benefit programs, and plant rules to ensure full understanding of the conditions and benefits of employees.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining all required paperwork and documentation required by the Company or governmental agencies.
- Maintains all hourly personnel files and UltiPro/Kronus records in an organized, accurate, and up-to-date manner. This includes self-audits of all files, records, and reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with all legal requirements and includes the responsibility to collect, record, and file information necessary for implementation of an effective Affirmative Action Plan.
- Ensures hourly employee reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Plan, organize and direct administration of engagement activities/services such as Service Awards, picnics, newsletters, charity campaigns, and recognition activities
- Assist with investigations and employee suggestions/complaints through fact-finding methods and provide managers with guidance toward resolution of the complaint or disposition of the suggestion with support of the Human Resources Manager
- Assist with collection of information and data for external claims
- Notify leadership of upcoming hourly reviews and ensures reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Notify leadership of attendance corrective actions and track all hourly, non-exempt disciplinary actions
- Investigates employee suggestions and complaints through fact-finding methods and provides managers with guidance toward resolution of the complaint or disposition of the suggestion. Maintains confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Stays abreast of current developments in employee relations and/or legal requirements through readings, professional associations, and seminars.
- Maintains close contact with all employees to maintain an accurate sense of employee morale and attitudes.
- Maintain all hourly personnel files and UltiPro records in an organized, accurate, and up-to-date manner. This includes self-audits of all files, records, and reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with all legal requirements and includes the responsibility to collect, record, and file information necessary for implementation of an effective Affirmative Action Plan
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all locations and weekly payroll for temporary staff
- Submit monthly and quarterly finance and human resource reports
- Monitors and maintains employee attendance records through Kronus system to ensure that absenteeism is kept at the lowest possible level and assist managers in taking corrective action as required, ensuring consistency with the attendance policy.
- Administer benefits programs by explaining programs to employees and working with the Corporate Benefits area to resolve benefits problems
- Conduct benefit communication programs and assist with annual and new hire benefit enrollment.
- Assist with administration of LOA documents such as FMLA, STD and LTD and tracking of employees on LOA
Training and Development
- Maintain training records and assist with training events
- Assist in development of leads, supervisors, and managers
Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
Stay abreast of current developments in employee relations and/or legal requirements through readings, professional associations, and seminars.
Assist Human Resources Manager with other duties and tasks as required, including employee relations activities and services.
Education Required: Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Leadership or Psychology required. Bachelor’s preferred, SHRM certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources required, manufacturing experience preferred.
- Three years administrative experience to include demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational/time management skills and efficient use of computer software is essential.
- Decision making skills, along with ability to understand pertinent laws, are critical.
- Time management skills and good judgement skills required
- Valid driver’s license