The Human Resources Generalist is relied upon to manage a variety of Human Resources related programs and functions essential to achieving strategic divisional goals. Major programs include but are not limited to organizational planning and development, attracting, screening, and interviewing applicants, orienting new employees, administration of benefit and HR training programs. The Human Resources Generalist must be able to multitask, work well in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Drives division talent acquisition process from initial application>employee.
• Presents offers of employment and pre-employment requirements necessary for hire.
• Responsible for conducting and coordinating new employee orientation.
• Must understand and present a comprehensive benefits package to new employees and manage associated enrollment.
• Proactively audit to ensure accuracy and up to date HR documents and information are readily available.
• Ensure accurate information is recoded in HRIS System and reflected in corresponding databases i.e., payroll and benefit databases.
• Assist with employee termination process, explanation and administration of associated COBRA benefits.
• Provide explanation of HR related policies, procedures, and programs.
• Facilitate or coordinate employee training when required.
• Ensure appropriate maintenance of HR Personnel records and file retention according to local law.
• Manage all aspects of HR reporting.
• Composes and publishes company announcements of various subject matter.
• Assist with corporate wide and divisional specific Health and Safety Initiatives.
• Participates in cross-functional team projects when necessary.
• Coordinates events and activities including fundraising events, job fairs, social outings, on site PPE purchasing, and required annual vision and hearing exams.
• Complies with legal and government requirements and regulations affecting the Human Resources department including, EEO, OSHA, Unemployment, etc.
• Makes recommendations to Human Resources Director and Team leads regarding areas of opportunity and improvement.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in Manufacturing environment, or a diverse population.
• Five years of experience in Human Resources with history of increasing responsibility.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the Human Resources function.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!