The Royster Group, Inc. is a leader in providing executive search and professional staffing services in the private and public sectors, and healthcare industry. Royster’s goal is to help organizations fill their human capital pipeline with highly qualified leaders and healthcare providers at all levels of the organization. Our core values drive all aspects of our business: Customer Service, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Respect.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for overseeing essential HR functions including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, enforcing company policies and procedures, and maintaining HRIS and talent management systems. As an integral business partner, the HR Generalist will support the organization’s program management and contract compliance functions.
We are seeking individuals who are highly organized, critical thinkers with strong attention to detail and accuracy who enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment. We welcome team players with a passion for building relationships and providing exceptional customer service.
CORE DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
General HR Administration
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and
- Facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with program managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Manages new hire process to promote a seamless, positive experience, including offer letter distribution, new hire tax and employment forms, benefits enrollment, and assist program managers with conducting new hire
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti- harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and
- Conducts background checks and employee eligibility verifications (I-9, E-Verify).
- Responds to employment verifications and unemployment
- Manages and attends (as needed) employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains up-to-date on trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment
- Administers employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness
- Assists employees with basic questions regarding fringe
- Maintains employee benefits information in company HRIS system and ensure benefits enrollments/changes are reported to benefits carriers and entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll
- Manages annual open enrollment process to include updating HRIS system with any plan changes and updated costs, and, coordinating development of benefits guides and informational
- Verifies monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and resolves administrative problems with the carrier
- Oversees COBRA administration with vendor to ensure
- Reviews and responds to unemployment claims with appropriate
- Coordinates workers' compensation claims with third-party
Multi-state Payroll Processing
- Maintains and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate execution of all payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best
- Reviews policies and practices on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance and updates employee handbook and state supplements on an as-needed
- Manages compliance with Service Contract Act regulations and coordinates with third-party recordkeeping
- Manages 401(k) plan annual compliance
- Human Resources Expertise – Remains current on relevant laws, legal rulings, and regulations. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of general HR practices, strategy, and Demonstrates a working knowledge of critical human resource functions.
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect. Effective interpersonal skills, including influencing and
- Communication – Provides clear, concise information to others in verbal, written, electronic and other communication formats for public and organizational
- Ethical Practice – Maintains confidentiality and acts with personal, professional and behavioral integrity.
- Critical Evaluation – Makes sound decisions based on evaluation of available information. Assesses the impact of changes to law on organizational human resource management functions. Analyzes information to identify evidence-based best
- Business Acumen – Demonstrates an understanding of the strategic relationship between effective human resource management an core business functions. Demonstrates a capacity for understanding the business operation sand functions within the organization. Understands the industry and business/competitive environment within which the organization
- Initiative – Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when
- Adaptability – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with/ability to quickly learn HRIS and talent management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Five years of HR management experience preferably in a professional services
- SHRM-CP credential preferred.
- Retired Veteran a plus.
The Royster Group, Inc. is committed to providing and promoting equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.Click here to apply online