Human Resources Generalist (fixed-term)
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term Human Resources Generalist role at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
The Human Resources Generalist will be involved with all activities related to recruitment, as well as supporting other Human Resources functions as needed. This will be a fixed term until December 2023, with full-time hours (40 hours per week).
- Full recruitment cycle including: developing postings; shortlisting; pre-screening; scheduling / conducting interviews; completing reference checks; preparing / issuing offer letters and decline letters; managing new hire documentation, etc.
- Support active sourcing initiatives, and collaborate with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs.
- Assist in clerical tasks related to various Human Resources functions such as recruitment, benefits, pension, etc. as well as general administrative tasks.
- Provide reports / status updates to internal stakeholders.
- Other duties as required to accomplish overall Human Resources department goals and objectives.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field.
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in Human Resources.
- Good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with office software (i.e. Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc…).
- Familiar with SAP Success Factors considered an asset.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.