The Human Resource (HR) Director will execute and implement the HR strategy to achieve objectives and optimize talent, process and culture. The HR Director will collaborate with and support leaders and associates across all levels within the company to ensure success in talent acquisition, talent management and retention. Strong functional skills are required to ensure success in all areas of HR including recruiting, onboarding, engagement, performance management, employee relations, benefits, and compliance.
This is an excellent opportunity for a results-oriented professional to play a key role in a dynamic, growing, and fast-paced company. The ideal candidate has demonstrated business acumen and capable of leading change while working effectively within tight time frames. Leadership presence is important and the ability to work with all levels including senior leaders are essential.
This role reports to the VP of HR and will lead 4 team members (Sr HR Business Partner, Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist, Sr Learning & Development Manager and HR Projects & Data Analyst). The role is based in Vernon Hills, IL.
- Implement HR programs and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and objectives.
- Partner with leaders and employees to drive employee engagement, performance, involvement and retention of our talent.
- Continuously optimize recruiting strategy to attract, engage and retain top talent; manage the recruitment, selection and on-boarding processes.
- Maintain a positive work environment and drive high performance.
- Provide support for organizational change management and communications at all levels.
- Act as a respected and trusted coach to managers and associates.
- Establish and maintain relationships of trust to foster transparency, open and honest two-way communication and collaboration.
- Champion and communicate HR programs, practices and policies with the overall objective of maintaining and nurturing a strong, people focused culture.
- Manages all employee relations aspects.
- Manages governmental and company regulatory compliance efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years HR generalist experience in a dynamic and corporate environment required.
- Minimum of five years of Human Resources management experience.
- Human resources Certification preferred: SPHR, PHR.
- Experience supporting performance management, talent management, benefits and work process improvement.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate with broad groups of people.
- Experience in change management and ability to lead and drive change.
- Expertise in the various human resources disciplines and knowledge of HR principles, employment laws and regulations.
- Competence in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Ability to develop partnerships with leadership and influencing key business decisions.
- Superior consultative and coaching skills.
- Strong project management abilities and process-orientation as well as a high tolerance for ambiguity amidst change.
- Strong data analytical capability and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to drive tactics to completion.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and continuously evolving environment.
- Strong business acumen are critical.
- Experience working with remote employees from a variety of locations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- High energy; results driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to build, work collaboratively, and manage interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to recognize problems and develop creative solutions; resourceful.
- Ability to persuade and influence effectively at multiple levels of an organization.
- Capable of dealing confidently with senior leadership team while effectively supporting associate needs at all levels of the organization
- A passion for excellence.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with annual bonus incentive and a competitive PTO and benefits package.