Our HR team is fully focused on contributing to achieving corporate strategic initiatives by recruiting and retaining our great team.
Our priorities include communication, training and development, employee relations, benefits and compensation plan design and administration, compliance, creating opportunities for participation, collaboration and advancement. Our overall objective is to sustain and nurture a culture that is aligned with our values and fosters engagement.
Partner with HR Leadership and Sales Leadership to engage our sales organization of nearly 400 people distributed across 29+ states. Activities include communication, employee relations, safety, identifying training and development opportunities.
Evaluate, revise and implement a policy framework to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations governing employee relations, supports a proactive environment and supports the business strategy.
Maintain responsibility for company’s compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all HR matters. Identifies internal and external employment law and workplace trends and designs training programs on relevant topics.
Advise regarding proper terminations, represent the company as needed in unemployment hearings, and conduct company/client investigations.
Assist in annual review process, engagement surveys, design and administration of the company’s wage and salary programs.
Participates in development of programs, activities, training and development, communication tools, etc. to facilitate recruiting and retaining top talent throughout the organization.
Consistently deliver best-in-class customer service to employees, with an emphasis on being responsive, professional, and accurate.
Skill Set, Experience, Requirements of Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in Operations, and Human Resources with an emphasis in Employee Relations
- Five (5) years’ experience in supporting a distributed work force and the ability to travel to multiple locations on short notice
- Solid knowledge of state-of-the-art tools for employee recognition and development including performance appraisals, recognition, engagement surveys and communication
- Solid knowledge of employee-related labor laws, rules and regulations, including application of employment laws to human resource practice
- Operate with a high degree of confidentiality and interpersonal interaction
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change with a strong set of ethics
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to investigate and problem solve with solid conflict management skills
- Ability to manage and analyze multiple priorities and activities and organize and plan for long and short-term projects
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team
- Written presentation materials must be effectively written, have proper grammar and punctuation, and deliver a concise message – all while holding the reader’s attention
- Proficient at MS Office with intermediate/advance knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. PC proficiency and ability to quickly learn new software applications