Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for a Human Resources Co-op Student. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew, the Co-op student gets the opportunity to work in a picturesque countryside setting! The successful incumbent will provide administrative support to Human Resources, in accomplishing functional tasks and objectives. The Co-op student will perform entry level HR-related clerical tasks such as filing, document processing, record keeping, report compilation, and other tasks as assigned dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Perform administrative and HR supporting duties such as: filing and organization of employee records, organizing meetings, coordinate employee training.
- Prepare presentations, meeting agendas, and meeting minutes, correspondence, reports, and Company documentation using various Microsoft Office applications.
- Design and create forms, templates, promotional material, presentation slides and manuals, to meet department needs.
- Enter HRIS data and ensure that information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completed or enrolled in post-secondary education in Business Administration or Human Resources.
- 1 - 2 years of practical experience in an office setting.
- Exposure to an HRIS system would be an asset
- Must be a quick learner, detail oriented, a self-starter, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Skilled in various software applications: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!