Human Resources Business Partner
Hudson Bay, Canada
Currently seeking talented Human Resources Business Partner for a great opportunity in Hudson Bay, Canada
. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in a Human Resources team
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Business Partner
- This position reports to the Human Resources Director, panels with dotted line responsibility as a strategic business partner
- The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the human resources systems
- This position focuses on meeting business performance objectives through effective HR planning, development, coaching and problem-solving
- Serve as a member of the lead team promoting the safety and well-being of all the associates in the manufacturing facility
- Work closely with management and the union to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Partner with site leader to develop strategic workforce plans to meet current and future talent needs
- Partner with local community high schools, colleges, and universities to create pipelines of future talent
- Administer and provide guidance on compensation review/planning and performance management processes
- Partner with leaders to develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategies
- Responsible for salaried and hourly staffing functions (including sourcing, recruiting, retention, and on-boarding process)
- Promote and encourage innovative thoughts and ideas
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions and programs
- Ensure site compliance with provincial and federal laws
- Participate in business-wide HR initiatives and continuous improvement projects
Requirements of the Human Resources Business Partner
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- At least 5 years of Human Resources Manager experience or equivalent HR Business Partner role
- Experience providing counsel to leaders and employees on the issue and grievance resolution in a unionized environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build positive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong levels of personal and professional integrity
- Able to build trust and maintain confidentiality as a key confidante of employees and management
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Experience in leading change management initiatives.
- Ability to effectively navigate through ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, assess HR implications and manage details.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Excel., Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Professional HR certification is an asset