Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
Reporting to the Manager HR Operations & Client Support, the HR Advisor is responsible for the delivery of direct client advisory support in the application of HR Policies and Programs and delivers operational services in recruitment/staffing, disability management, Health and Safety, and AODA. The HR Advisor works closely with HR management and Senior HR Business Partners to provide support on complex HR matters and escalates issues on an as-needed basis.
What you will achieve in this role:
Client Service and Advisory Support
- Respond to employee and management inquiries by providing information on the scope and application of HR Policies, Programs and Initiatives.
- Provide issue management support to Senior HR Business Partners and HR Management on an as-needed basis.
- Provide support to Senior HR Business Partners in the implementation of client solutions and annual HR Programs.
Recruitment and Staffing
- Implement and ensure the effective delivery of end-to-end recruitment and staffing activities from client manager, candidate, and OSC perspectives, including engaging with hiring manager to develop recruitment/sourcing strategy, develop job posting, application screening, reference checking, and drafting letters for Senior HR Business Partners’ review.
- Facilitate candidate sourcing and selection through maintaining candidate pools, interfacing with search firms and advertising agencies and monitoring social, professional and networking websites.
- Responsible for the effective initiation of short-term disability claims including acting as point of contact to coordinate claim management activities, ensuring claim updates are available to meet payroll timelines, and working closely with Senior HR Business Partners on complex claims.
Program, Project and Initiative Support
- Coordinate Health & Safety and/or AODA committee work and project activities.
- Lead Student Programs, e.g. Summer Students and/or Articling Students and/or CPA Training Office Program and/or Co-op Students.
- Provide support in the implementation of HR Programs & Services initiatives and projects, provides input, conducts supporting research and analyses and manages assigned project deliverables as required.
HR Information and Data
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely data related to recruitment, position control and workforce data.
- Track performance indicators and metrics, analyses trends and patterns.
- Provide analytic reports on recruitment and employee management data, activities and associated costs to support workforce planning and analysis activities.
What you will bring to this role:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar HR role.
- Certificate in Human Resources Management an asset.
- Experience with HR information, talent management and ATS systems and MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated professional credibility and judgement along with discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and human resources policies and programs.
- A strong orientation to client service delivery, solutions-focused, demonstrating business acumen in a professional faced paced environment.
- Proven ability to proactively identify and seek out opportunities to learn.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.