Our client, located in the Daytona Beach, FL area, has an immediate opening for an HR Manager to join their team.
· Advises management of all applicable state and federal personnel regulations and laws and ensures compliance.
· Writes, updates and implements personnel policies and procedures. Provides the proper communication and training to all employees regarding personnel policies and procedures.
· Creates and updates employee job descriptions.
· Maintains and monitors personnel files for each employee.
· Assists Managers with employee relations issues including, but not limited to, disciplinary actions, employee grievances, and terminations.
· Conducts exit interviews for termination employees. Creates and maintains turnover record tracking system. Tracks all positions by length of service, reason for leaving, and provides recommendations for decreasing inadequate levels of turnover.
· Coordinates with Supervisors/Managers the need for new personnel. Posts job openings internally and places ads with appropriate agencies for external recruitment. Screens, interviews, and conducts reference checks on candidates applying for various positions within the company.
· Completes all applicable new-hire forms, and provides new-hire orientation and on-boarding.
· Administers and communicates company benefits to employees, including company’s health plans, temporary disability insurance, workers’ compensation, family and medical leave, sick leave and vacation, and other benefits.
· Prepares correspondence to employees regarding leaves and completion of leave forms.
· Maintains and monitors files regarding employee leave under workers’ compensation, temporary disability and family leave; coordinates with insurance providers regarding the status of employees on leave.
Compiles payroll data, employee deductions, and company benefits, and issues paychecks.
o Process Payroll and reviews wages computed and ensures accuracy of payroll.
· Prepares Worker’s Comp reports, TDI reports, Health Insurance reports
· Responds to state and federal requests and surveys.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field from an accredited four-year university.
· Three (3) to five (5) years experience in Human Resources. SHRM certification is a plus.
· Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws, and other labor-related governing bodies.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with the general public and within all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and maintain a high degree of judgement, especially when working with information that is confidential in nature.
· Intermediate level computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Salary of $70K to $80K plus excellent benefitsClick here to apply online