Human Resource Generalist
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist to add to our team. The Human Resources Generalist will perform HR related duties at the professional level and will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employee Relations, Health & Safety, Payroll and Benefits Administration, Training and assist in Recruitment and Selection, and On-boarding.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations through various communication platforms
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints.
- Assists in administration of compensation program; helps to monitor performance appraisal process
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts.
- Champions hiring process by coordinating job posting on web site, reviewing resumes, scheduling interview, and helps to coordinate the use of temporary employees
- Collects pertinent payroll data
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; HRIS System
- Documents attendance infractions and all disciplinary actions
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements. Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion
- Champions HR meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as requested
- Helps to maintain company organization charts and employee directory
- Maintains local HR and employee relations invoices in accordance with A/P procedures
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources procedures for all company employees
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Human Resources Management
- CHRP or CHRL designation
- 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist preferred
- Prior experience in the Manufacturing Industry is highly preferred
Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of employment legislations
- Up to date with current Human Resources trends
- Previous experience with HRIS and ATS
- Advanced MS Excel experience required
- Excellent oral, written communication skills; excellent interpersonal, organizational, coaching and problem solving skills with proven leadership capabilities