About our client
Our client, a premier distributor of food products, located in Etobicoke is seeking a talented HR Generalist to join their team.
This is an opportunity to “own” your job, but be part of a strong supportive team.
You will be responsible for HR-related issues at their facility and leading the day-to-day HR operations.
- Responsible for understanding business and employee-related issues, as well as developing good relationships with management and employees
- Implement HR policies, procedures, and programs relevant to Labour Relations and Health and Safety
- Work collaboratively with authorities to ensure that discipline is applied fairly and consistently
- Perform workplace investigations into complaints, conflicts in the workplace, and incidents/accidents
- Train employees and supervisors
- Work with operations team to find qualified candidates
- Assist with occupational and non-occupational injury/illness accommodation requests
- Interview candidates and complete onboarding for all new employees
- Finalize employment letters, employee change forms, and other papers as needed
- 3 + years’ experience in warehouse and/or distribution industries
- CHRP or actively pursuing the designation is preferred
- Full cycle recruiting at all levels
- Ability to manage budgets and procure services
- Use a broad range of communication strategies and methods
- Ensures the timely delivery of training programs, projects, and services
- Takes initiative and sustained action to ensure the successful implementation of change
Thank you for your interest! Candidates who meet the required qualifications will receive preferred consideration.