Title: Housing Inspector- Student Housing
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2101707678
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Temporary Inspector for Undergraduate Student Housing to work on-site with our client, a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Physically inspect furnishings, fixtures, and equipment in residential buildings.
- Enter requisite facility work orders in proprietary asset management software.
- Enter product requests on behalf of Building Manager.
- Thoroughly document property condition through photos, and label and upload photos to database.
- Generate preliminary billing costs based on damage assessments.
- Perform facility walk-throughs with clients prior to or following occupancy.
- Perform asset counts or safety condition assessments where directed.
- Adherence to established safety and vehicle operation protocols.
- Accountable for key control and access of building assigned to inspect.
- Assist Housing Building Manager with facilities related projects. Such as inventory counts, monitoring vendor work progress, fixture counts, back check of buildings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows OS
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel (ability to generate spreadsheets with simple formulas )and Microsoft Word
- Excellent customer service and professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to function autonomously
- CA Drivers’ License a plus.
- Position requires a lot of walking, approximately 3-7 miles/day depending on area.
- Position could entail substantial walking up and down stairs.
- Ability to work variable schedule (e.g., some work after 5pm and weekends may be required)
- Working conditions could vary from cleaned administrative areas to dusty external storage sheds, or areas that are in the process of being cleaned.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.