Title: Housing Front Desk Assistant City: Palo Alto State: CA ZIP: 94301 Job Type: Contract Hours: 40 Job Code: EB-4565556352
Tekberry is looking for a motivated Housing Front Desk Assistant to work on-site with our client, Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
• Greet students, staff and other guests when they come into the office.
• Answer office phones and respond to questions, referring to the FDS when necessary.
• Send out mass email notifications.
• Learn and relay complex Housing policies and procedures.
• Assist students with lockouts by signing out a board key and/or temporary building access card.
• Sign out hand trucks and vacuums, tracking all activity in the respective log.
• Provide office coverage during the lunch hours and for meetings.
• Notify students via email of any misdirected mail brought into the office.
• Prepare keys and other check in materials.
• Check students in and out, tracking activity via StarRez (student information database) and registration cards.
• Assist the FDS with regular key inventories.
• Submit in work orders, rekey requests, and other maintenance requests into the system.
• Assist the FDS with quarter-opening and quarter-closing duties, as necessary.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma/GED
A solid attention to detail, and have a personable and welcoming presence.
Strong email, phone, and in-person customer service experience essential.
Hotel Front Desk/Concierge experience would be a plus.
Clear, concise, effective communication with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds essential.
Must be computer-literate and able to learn new systems quickly. Ability to work in fast paced environment with interruptions throughout the day.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or offshore companies. No phone calls please. As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.