Our client is looking for a hardworking, goal oriented and energetic House Renovation Project Manager. The client is a General Contractors that is located in Bolton, Ontario that specialize in house renovations. The client is growing at fast rate and they are looking for an individual who can manage multiple projects at the same time. The ideal candidate will have 4-10 years’ experience with in the renovation industries. Must be able to work within teams and meet the needs of the clients, understand blueprints, estimating, and budgets and be able to manage skilled laborers to optimize schedules for each project. Problem solver who can make decisions as issues come up in the field. The clients want to find the right suitable talent that can help take the company to next level.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage all aspects of the renovation and construction of homes from design to coordination of schedules, inspections during various construction phases, monitoring permits, and daily oversight of subcontractors.
- Oversee the construction schedule, budget and ensure the project is completed within deadline and budget.
- Drive the daily productivity of the crews. Develop and monitor daily/weekly goals to be achieved, and report regularly the outcome of those goals.
- Develop project schedules, plan materials, and purchase orders, ensuring work is within project scope.
- Responsible for obtaining sub-contractor estimates and bids, performing project buyouts, and managing subcontractors' progress against plan.
- Schedule pre-construction site-visits of all jobs that are under construction.
- Reports directly to the President, all activity taking place in the field.
- Works directly with the President, Financial Coordinator, Design Coordinator and other team members.
- Suggests change affecting crew, productivity, project enhancements, goals and timelines.
- Managing and executing 5 to 10 project within short time frame.
- Planning, estimating, managing and executing all renovation projects.
- Scheduling, setting up and arrange meeting to meet the clients, suppliers and vendor.
- Bachelor's Degree in construction management or related field (preferred); or a combination of experience and education.
- 4- 10 years’ experience in construction/building and renovation.
- Thorough knowledge of general construction with a good understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing.
- Thorough knowledge and application/oversight of all building codes pertaining to the scope of work being completed by our crews and sub-contractors.
- Must be computer literate in Excel (or spreadsheet software), Word, Windows (creating folders, uploading documents), and mobile applications.
- Strong customer service background and skills in the home building industry.
- Knowledge of construction practices and labor costs in construction, plus a good knowledge of the uses and costs of materials.
- Ability to multi-task, which requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a process improvement-oriented mindset.
- Must be fluent in communicating, writing and reading in English.
- Must have access to a vehicle, it will be require to go on construction site.
- Ability to work long hours and on-call.
- Must be passionate, determination to complete the project.
- Residential Renovation and Home Build: 4 to 10 years (Required)
- Residential Construction Management: 4 to 10 years (Required)
- Project Management: 4 to 10 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00/year plus commission, perks and incentives will be provided.