Title: Front Desk Assistant
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1277707691
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Front Desk Assistant to work on-site with a World class University in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Provide superior hotel-style customer service to visitors at 24-hour front desk.
• Answer multiple phone lines in a fast-paced and distracting environment; collect or pass messages to/from guests and employees as required.
• Coordinate email travel inquiries with internal and external customers.
• Perform routine hotel functions, such as taking reservations and registering and checking out guests.
• Perform basic concierge duties, including assisting with travel and transportation arrangements, informing guests about local amenities, coordinating guest dry cleaning, and securing guest valuables in safe deposit boxes.
• Perform basic porter duties, including delivering guest packages, faxes, and mail, assisting guests with luggage transportation and storage, escorting guests to their rooms as required, and driving shuttle van to locations within the Stanford community.
• Ensure guest safety and satisfaction by monitoring building access and maintaining key controls, submitting minor repair work orders, and coordinating room preparation with housekeeping.
• Review daily transactions for accuracy; prepare account billing for financial processing.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or G.E.D certification and six months of customer service experience in a fast-paced, hospitality-industry setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated accurate cash handling knowledge and experience.
• English language fluency.
• Business writing acumen to originate and respond to correspondence.
- Certifications and Licenses:
• Valid California Non-commercial Class driver's license.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
• Constantly stand/walk throughout an 8 hour shift; constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
• Frequently use a telephone, writing by hand.
• Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat; lift/carry/push/pull objects (luggage) that weigh 21-40 pounds.
• Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class Driver's license and drive a non-commercial vehicle, day or night, transporting guests locally.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Will work variable shifts (evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays) within a 24-hour, seven day per week operation.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.