Hospital Materials Manager
Full time, direct hire
Rate: $80K - $105K+/- DOE
Job ID#: EB-4984474447
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Hospital Materials Manager to work on-site with our client, a world-class, award winning hospital in Healdsburg, CA. This is a direct-hire position with our client that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
Manages and directs the purchasing, receiving, stores, distribution, and inventory control of supplies hospital wide. Monitors and controls supply cost through the utilization and adherence to Group Purchasing Contracts, (GPO), locally negotiated contracts, ECRI analysis, information systems, and product standardization efforts. Interfaces with representatives of all Hospital departments and chairs the Product Evaluation Committee. Contract Management: manages Non-Provider Contracts, deliverables, deadlines, contract terms and conditions while ensuring customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business, Finance or related field
- 5+ years leading Materials Management in a hospital environment
- Degree in Logistics, Business, Finance or related field
- Diverse experience in health care inventory management processes and information systems
- Budget development and adherence
- Certified Materials and Resourses Professional (CMRP)
- Ensures that staff have adequate working knowledge of overall healthcare issues, Hospital goals and medical supplies needed to support Hospital mission.
- Ensures that Hospital department staff have working knowledge of the "Medhost" system for ordering supplies, maintaining inventory levels, and entering patient charges.
- Ensures staff have adequate working knowledge of purchasing agreements and various vendor I.T. applications being used, mail, and copy center operations.
- Manages and directs the operations of the department (purchasing, receiving, distribution) in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures that all information necessary to receive, verify, and process payment of invoices is provided in a timely manner.
- Continuously evaluates opportunities for supply/cost savings, builds support for, plans, and implements such opportunities in a timely and effective manner.
- Works with department managers and others to assist in preparing requisitions, resolve discrepancies, and determine the best source and pricing.
- Oversees the centralized procurement of supplies, equipment, and services. Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the purchasing and inventory control systems.
- Monitors and adjusts asset and PAR areas as needed. Conducts regular cycle counts in asset areas. Works with other departments to set inventory levels and reorder points.
- Assists the Controller in coordinating and overseeing year-end inventory counts, asset ledger, charge capture, revenue and expense reporting, and safeguarding the assets of the Hospital.
- Prepares agenda and minutes for the Product Evaluation Committee.
- Scans external environment for changes in regulation, service enhancements, cost savings, and changes in best-practice methods for materials management. Stays current with purchasing opportunities of government agencies
- Contract Management - manages contracts, deliverables, deadlines, contract terms and conditions.
- Undertake a thorough assessment as whether the transaction violates healthcare fraud and abuse laws, including but not limited to, Stark law, Anti-kickback Statute
- Reviews initial information relating to the transactions, terms, conditions, contact information.
- Reads and revises contract documents with regard to state law, venue, days net, etc.
- Assesses pricing to ascertain whether the pricing is appropriate and negotiate the best price possible
- Verifies whether the products/services qualify for our GPO and whether CA state law allows a health district to purchase the product/service under a GPO.
- Finds a back-up vendor to assist with leverage in negotiations
- Ongoing communications with end user with respect to the details of the transaction.
- Sends final version to legal for review.
- Negotiates revisions made by legal with vendor.
- Assures that all departmental employees possess and demonstrate excellent customer service techniques and maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, and promotes teamwork, coordinates, problem-solves, and provides leadership and support as needed.
- Creates a work environment that acknowledges the importance of staff and their role; reflects the values of the Hospital; and encourages teamwork and individual contribution.
- Holds regularly scheduled meetings to provide staff with current information, in-service training, performance improvement activities, and safety education.
- Participates in the budget development process and manages department resources within budget. Maintains labor productivity standards.
- Assesses and conducts staff performance/competencies on, or prior, to due date. Effectively coaches and counsel staff regarding performance on an ongoing basis.
- Models and promotes behaviors that help assure customer satisfaction (including patient, family, staff, physicians and internal departments).
- Assures compliance with regulatory agency requirements related to the Materials Management Department.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of relevant Hospital policies and procedures and assures compliance by staff.
- Participates in the budget development process and manages program resources within budget. Maintains productivity standards.
Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or offshore companies. No phone calls please.