Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) has an exciting opening for a Honer/Assembler. The successful incumbent will use appropriate honing equipment and materials to size holes which by nature are close tolerance. The pay range is $20/hr to $25/hr. We have 1 opening on the night shift.
- Use appropriate honing equipment and appropriate honing materials to size holes which by nature are close tolerance.
- Use appropriate honing equipment and materials to size holes that require specific surface finish.
- Size outside diameters that require a specific surface finish.
- Inspect own work for conformance to Routers, blueprints, and other provided documentation.
- Use mechanical inspection equipment such as dial bore gages, air gages, and plug gages.
- Input data to Ellanef MRP software.
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Must have knowledge and experience using inspection gages.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Familiarity with the use of honing equipment.
- Familiarity with the use of various types and grades of honing materials on typical aerospace materials to obtain a specific size and/or surface finish.
- Familiarity with the use of basic mechanical inspection equipment.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)