Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for a Hone Machine Operator. The successful incumbent will be responsible for setting, running and up keeping vertical and horizontal honing machines within the machining classification. Please note, the wage range for this position is $26.53/hr to $28.47/hr. This position will be on rotating shifts: morning, afternoon and nights.
- Receive work assignment from supervisor.
- Setting, running and up keeping vertical and horizontal honing machines within the machining classification.
- Use appropriate honing equipment and materials to size holes that require specific surface finish.
- Familiarity with the use of various types and grades of honing materials on typical aerospace materials to obtain specific size and/or surface finish.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Be able to set up and measure 0.0001” increments using bore gauges.
- Be able to set up and measure 0.0001” increments using micrometers.
- Experience with a profilometer to verify surface finish a plus.
- Opening bores ranging from approx. 0.375” to 7.000” in diameter.
- Work well individually.
- Work with honing oil and cleaning solvents.
- Notify supervisor of any job irregularities, faulty equipment or material.
- Observe plant safety rules.
- Maintain clean work area through 6S practices.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English, with the ability to accept and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Physical fitness and dexterity to perform lifting, positioning and moving of parts.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety policy and practices.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)