The Service Coordinator is responsible for the matching and scheduling caregivers with clients and maintenance of key operational processes, and ensuring thorough and complete knowledge of codes and regulations as required by the Texas DADS .
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to use and learn scheduling software.
- Software experience with Word, Excel, and other applications.
- Thorough knowledge of the caregiver’s responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of licensing standards for home and community support services, and other appropriate codes and regulations as required.
- Ability to read and understand personal care plans for each of their clients and assure their appropriate discharge.
- Ability to organize large amounts of information and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrate professionalism and responsiveness with prospective clients and others who may communicate with the agency.
- Excellent customer service skills, written and verbal, especially on the phone.
- Communicate effectively with caregivers, as well as the CEO, Client Care Manager, Employee Relations Manager and other personnel as appropriate.
- Assist with answering office phone assisting callers with agency information, caregiver questions, client inquiries, scheduling evaluations, and performing necessary follow up with callers.
- Matching client schedules with compatible caregivers – Shifts covered with previous caregivers that have worked the cases first. Client/Caregiver match is paramount at all times in both skill levels and personality traits.
- Assuring that the assignments and schedule is current and up to date at any given time; ; adjusting schedules as needed
- Recording and review daily journals in client and caregiver files.
- Review and approve all timesheets daily.
- Coach caregivers for improved performance. Transition to Employee Relations Manager for all disciplinary action.
- Input caregiver/client information into Care + systems – In addition, record journal entries regarding changes.
- Support and assist other office staff as needed.
- Cross train with other departments for general back up duties as needed; may require filling in for the caregiver under some circumstances
- Responsible for improving or maintaining the following metrics, and reporting on them weekly: Caregiver overtime hours, missed shifts report
- Expense management.
- Any other duty requested to maintain the operations of the business.