Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District has had a strong focus on providing exceptional service to the farmers and agricultural communities of Southern Alberta since 1921. This innovative organization strives for constant growth and opened their new state of the art Administration office in 2013.
Construction & Maintenance Foreman
- Communication: Provide an update at the end of each week to the General Manager, along with immediate updates on any major issues, as they arise.
- Day to Day Operations of the Equipment Pool and Maintenance Departments
- Organize and Direct Equipment, Operators and Labour crews
- Assist Watermasters in Preparation of Reports
- Make any Necessary Arrangements with Landowners and Communicate Construction Time Lines
- Supervise Support Staff, Handle Staff Complaints & Complete Performance Evaluations
- Plan and Request Materials & Review and Approve Expenditures
- Oversee Facility and Equipment Maintenance
- Implementation of Capital and Maintenance Projects:
- Prepare Cost Estimates for Equipment, Labour and Materials for Projects
- Budget Control & Cost Summaries
- Quality Control: Review Project
- Responsible for the District Safety Program and Safety of all Staff under your Supervision
- Excellent Communication and Relationship Skills in Dealing with Staff and Land Owners
- Exposure to Large Pipe Laying
- Minimum of 5 years’ Experience in a Foreman Role
- Experience Working with Heavy Equipment
- Strategic Thinker, Organized and a ‘Planner’
- Ability to Read Engineer Plans
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 1 considered an Asset, but not required)
- Ability to Provide a Drivers’ Abstract
- Work Schedule:
- April – August: (M-F 9 hour work days)
- September – March: (M- F 8 hour work days)
- Every second Saturday
- Stable, Long-Term Employment
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefits Package
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those considered will be contacted.
By applying to this position you are agreeing to receive email communication from Hire Standard.