Our Client has a Contract opening for a HighJump Technical Architect.
General Summary: The Technical Architect will lead the activities for analysis, design, development, testing, training and implementation of Highjump WMS and related logistics projects. Must have robust functional and technical understanding of Warehouse operations, processes and data flow with host systems. Must be familiar with SDLC approaches and documentation requirements for SOX compliance. This individual will be a technical leader and will be responsible for providing maintenance and production support of existing capabilities and integrations.
- Leverage experience to act as chief architect of the HighJump WMS application and the integration to the material handling and ERP systems
- Write code as is necessary to support critical WMS functions and to ensure a comprehensive understanding of all technical aspects of the application and integration points
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications
- Review and analyze existing applications’ effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop technical strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Develop, maintain and support in-house custom applications
- Follow the required system development life cycle
- Lead the analysis, design, development, testing, training and implementation of project objectives and business requirements as assigned
- Ability to work independently or within a defined project team
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- 5-8 years of WMS Application Development experience with HighJump. A significant portion of this experience must be as a developer.
- Retail Industry experience preferred
- Experience using MS SQL Server 2016 or equivalent; .NET and/ or J2EE or similar technologies (.NET preferred)
- BA/BS degree is required – Or the equivalent in work experience
- Must be able to write MS SQL stored procedures and user-defined functions
- MS SQL Server administration & query performance optimization skills preferred
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio and IIS preferred
- Experience managing source code repository and maintaining a version control system (experience with Aldon or TFS a plus)
- Familiarity with SSRS Reporting
- Strong technical skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment