endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and autonomous driving is expanding rapidly and looking for an experienced Algorithm Engineer for a key role as part of a team developing a new vehicle system that will be in every car on the road in the next 10 years. This is a large volume program with one of the Big 3 managing a brand new technologically advanced product that is new to the market.
This position is a direct-hire role housed in their new global R&D center in the greater Detroit area where all their advanced product development takes place. This is true product development.
HiL Development Engineer
Position Summary: This Hardware in the Loop (HiL) Development Engineer role is primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of the HiL Systems in the brake systems group.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background and possess a high level of motivation, independent judgment, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and be able to work effectively in a loosely structured dynamic setting. Working in a team environment, the engineer will be given the opportunity to make significant contributions to the definition, creation and implementation of HiL systems and associated HiL software used in the testing of state-of-the-art brake systems.
Planning activities include HiL system and subsystem planning and timing, along with planning support for validation testing. Support activities including the definition and procurement of components for HiL system builds. Development activities include dSPACE system and associated software developments, along with the inhouse specification of subsystems and their supporting components. Testing activities include HiL system level SW functional testing, fault insertion testing, brake system development testing, and test case development based on requirements. Reporting activities include interpretation, management and communication of test results with internal and external teams.
- Design, improve, and maintain the HiL system capability based on target system functionality, feedback from the engineering teams, and upcoming product designs.
- Set up and execute HiL validation testing on target systems containing motion controls algorithms. Testing includes both functional performance and fault insertion response.
- Coordinate the specification and build of test equipment used in system SW validation.
- Design and create automated testing methods and execute testing.
- Work closely with the algorithm, software, hardware, and calibration engineering teams to understand requirements, develop test cases, and to aid in issue resolution.
- Evaluate the results gathered by the test stand using establish process and methods. Log potential target software defects into defect tracking database. (Jira)
- Create reports and review completed test data with team members.
- Participate in peer reviews, process audits and comply with CMM process requirements.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Possess strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with dSPACE Simulator hardware, Control Desk and Automation Desk
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink
- Experience with automotive embedded electronics strongly preferred; particularly brake systems
- Experience with automotive protocols and tools (Vector CANape particularly preferred)
- Experience with programming languages (Python – preferred)
- Knowledge of CarSIM preferred.
- Knowledge of lab test equipment; waveform generators, oscilloscopes a plus
- Knowledge of version control systems
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- BS or MS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering