Help Desk Technician- Level 2 works with user and/or other technicians to resolve more complex technical problems. Provides technical guidance to other Help Desk Technicians. Answers questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. Provides assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Manage the daily performance of computer systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Set up and configures equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform more complex repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Work with administrator to implement or automate procedures with the use of scripts or specific software.
- Associate’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience in PC / Server support. (Windows 10, Windows XP, Win2012R2 HyperV Cluster / virutalized servers, Dell Equallogic SAN- (2) iMacs w/Fusion); Fortinet Network Equipment
- Must be available for mandatory overtime during critical times.
- Excellent Verbal and Communication skills
- Technical expertise on workstation hardware and supported software, local area networks (LANs), network operating systems, network cabling topologies, and industry standards and practices.
- Office 365 Business / hosted Exchange knowledge required;
- Azure backup knowledge is highly desired
- basic to intermediate Microsoft SQL (TSQL) skills desirable
- Team oriented
- Willing to perform any IT related task required (i.e. help users change toner if needed and etc)