The Support Tech provides day-to-day technical support to retail stores for point-of-sale (POS), network infrastructure, and desktop systems software and hardware.
Emphasis of role: Help Desk Support - second level
- Performs general maintenance tasks and resolves less complex problems immediately, while more complex issues are escalated to a higher level of support.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, point-of-sale, servers and network.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Responds to client escalations and drives incidents to resolution.
Experience in Retail Environment
- 2+ year’s experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- Managing technical documentation - procedure development for requirements gathering, needs analysis, testing, scripting and documentation to strengthen quality and functionality of business-critical applications.
- Knowledge of network topologies, Knowledge on Network Router and Switches, Wireless Devices including AP.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Retail POS Troubleshooting Skills
- MS Office Suite
- Network + Certification (Preferred)
- Project Coordinator