The Support Tech provides day-to-day technical support to retail stores for point-of-sale (POS), network infrastructure, and desktop systems software and hardware.
Emphasis of role: Help Desk Support - second level
- Provides remote Technical Support to field technicians and retail stores.
- Provides excellent customer support to internal and external clients.
- Responsible for accurate tracking and documentation of installation timeline and any problems that arise.
- Following up on daily customer escalations and make out/in bounds to drive escalations and incidents towards resolution
- Responsible to insure timely installation of various pieces of hardware.
- Troubleshoot reported software, hardware, network problems when they relate to the stores computer and all Peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of reported incidents when they relate to desktop computer and peripherals, also dialing in the desk phones.
- Responds to customer and Retail Solutions personnel solution/product inquiries via telephone, email, or ticketing system.
- Provides timely & effective technical resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate higher-level technical personnel.
- Provides case status updates to Customer and Retail Solutions personnel.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive measures, appropriate solutions and configurations which may impact product performance.
- Receive incoming calls and making outbound calls to the customers updating notes in our ticketing system and emails
- Responsible for accurate tracking and detailed documentation of installation timeline and any problems that may arise.
- Follow up on escalations
- Minimum two (2) years technical support experience
- Strong understanding of: Computer hardware / software installation, configuration and troubleshooting (PC, Network and Point of Sale (POS) equipment)
- Basic network equipment installation configuration and troubleshooting
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis
- Detailed documentation in ticketing systems (i.e. Remedy, ServiceNow etc. )
- Proficient use of standard Microsoft products (i.e.: Excel, Word)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented with ability to multitask and work well with other departments
- Great communication - written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and be adaptable in changing environments
- Expert customer relationship skill; and ability to communicate professionally in client facing situations
- Remote management knowledge is highly preferred
- Virtual desktop knowledge highly preferred
** Must have flexibility with work schedules (all shifts, weekends, holidays), this is a 24 X 7 operation
Current targeted shift:
Sunday - Thursday ( 8am - 5pm)
Tuesday - Saturday (8am - 5pm)