Reporting to the CEO of a “100% Employee Owned” integrated logistics solutions company.
The Heavy Haul Division Manager will ensure driver efficiency through dispatch while overseeing that all customer expectations are met according to service agreements. Will orchestrate and influence the movement of drivers, trucks, and oversize/overweight equipment to make pick-ups and deliveries in a timely and efficient manner. Guide and review drivers' working hours and equipment availability. Oversee driver retention and assess driver’s daily safety behaviors to include logs for errors/violations. Daily coordination of local and regional drivers. Ensuring the following guidelines: Accuracy, safety, compliance, respect, and Excellent Customer Service. Dispatch drivers in accordance with customer requests and in compliance with DOT regulations and company policies/procedures. Monitor drivers in relation to their remaining hours of service and equipment availability. Analyze scheduling issues while maintaining and leading industry on-time service performance. Coordinate and execute back haul planning for optimal driver utilization. Assist in the permitting, loading and security of the customer loads. Will be required to backfill other positions within the operation. Provide candid and honest performance feedback to drivers, while keeping senior management briefed Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Asset Based Flatbed / Heavy Haul / Oversize Trucking Operations (5 years minimum)
- Federal Compliance Knowledge (DOT, FMCSA, HOS, e-logs)
- Driver management / retention strategies
- Load optimization and lane management
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Industry Related Software (i.e. TMW, OmniTracs)
- Residence: Ashland, VA (Richmond, VA Geographical area - relocation assistance may be available)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor’s or Technical Degree
- Highly Motivated: Possess the ability to work independently and as a teammate.
- Ability to identify what is needed to be accomplished and immediately drive towards solutions that meet existing needs of the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
- Meet work standards by following productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Resolving operational problems and identifying process improvements.
- Ability to lead, coach and counsel driver performance relative to safety behaviors and performance standards.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively multi-task for high volume duties.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online