Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Heat Treat Operator at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent, and unionized. Shift work may be required.
The Heat Treat Operator will be responsible for loading and unloading furnaces as directed and adjusting furnace controls to specified settings in accordance with plant processes. With a minimum of supervision, they must be capable of setting up and adjusting furnace and bath temperatures and atmosphere controls as required. The successful applicant will have good knowledge of all heat treat processes and equipment (heat treating, tempering, annealing, normalizing, aging, etc.). The Heat Treat Operator will also be responsible for testing hardness of materials as required.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Knowledge and/or work experience in the areas of air and vacuum furnaces, material types and properties is preferred.
- Grade XII or equivalent is required.
- Education in Basic Metallurgy from a recognized program is required.
- Ability to use programmable logic controllers (PLCs) is preferred.
- Ability in use of basic computer programs such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work safely in a physically demanding environment is required.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.