Commission and certify Healthcare communications systems on all assigned projects. Work with project team to ensure safety and quality are me by adhering to industry standards and best practices. The Technician has the responsibility to help ensure completion of all projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Install and terminate healthcare communications systems in all healthcare facilities.
- Test, label and correct deficiencies in system during installation.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of healthcare communications systems including, nurse call systems, wander management, wireless communications systems, mobility solutions, real time locating systems and more.
- Has complete knowledge and understanding of project SOW, drawings, specifications and addendums.
- Provide technical expertise to all project stake holders and project team.
- Evaluate potential problems, impact and solutions.
- Report daily project work completed as well as labor and materials utilized to project team.
- Perform hardware training with customer staff who will be maintaining the systems.
- Follow CEC safety policies and procedures, industry standard requirements and common best practices in order to produce top quality workmanship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must acquire and/or maintain a NICET 1/BICSI certification within 1-year of employment with CEC.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years in electrical or electronics field.
- Experience in electrical construction or healthcare communication systems installation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Strong problem solving with the ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Works well under pressure.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
Physical, Mental and environmental requirements:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.