Commission and certify Healthcare communications systems on all assigned projects. Work with the project team to ensure safety and quality objectives are met by adhering to industry standards and best practices.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Terminate and install healthcare communications systems in hospitals, long-term care and assisted living facilities.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of healthcare communication systems including, nurse call systems, real time locating systems, wander management systems, wireless communication systems and more.
- Follows CEC safety policies & procedures, industry standard requirements and common best practices in order to produce top quality workmanship.
- Communicates customer or project needs to Project Superintendent in a timely and professional manner to overcome challenges or obstacles encountered.
- Maintains effective and harmonious working relationships with on-site project team and contractors while engaging in positive morale.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment.
- Providing technical expertise to all project stake holders including, installation teams, project managers, engineering team or other contractors as needed.
- Ability to travel to customer locations to perform installations, service visits and other technical tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-year degree from accredited college or substitute 2-years’ experience for 1-year of college 2-4+ years of experience in similar role with CEC or equivalent company - 2-year technical degree in relative field can be substituted for years of experience.
- Must maintain a NICET I/BICSI certification within 1 year of employment with CEC as well as State licensing requirements
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3+ years in electrical/electronics field.
- Experience in electrical construction or healthcare communication systems installation
- Strong problem solving with the ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Works well under pressure.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required,
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.