Magellan Aerospace, Haley has an exciting new opportunity for a Health and Safety Coordinator. The successful incumbent will ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and associated legislation/regulations, CSA Standards and company’s safety management system to reduce losses due to occupational accidents, injury or illness and to ensure a safe working environment. The Health and Safety Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of Occupational Health and Safety Programs, including GHS, safety talks, hazard identification, incident investigations and more.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Coordinate and maintain all Health and Safety training requirements including Lift Trucks, Cranes/Hoists, LOTO, First Aid, Fit Testing, TDG, GHS, Confined Space, Working at Heights, and Fall Arrest
- Perform Health and Safety training where applicable
- Act as primary contact for WSIB claims management
- Liaise with security contractors and coordinate plant security details
- Develop, implement, and maintain contractor management program including conducting contractor orientation.
- Review, update, and maintain all Hazard Assessments, JSAs, LOTO Standard Work Instructions (SWIs)
- Actively participate in Guarding Assessments and new LOTO SWI development
- Track and maintain workplace hazards and ensure timely closeout
- Participate in incident investigations
- Conduct new employee Health and Safety orientations
- Provide backup for Waste Water Treatment Plant operator
- 2 year College Degree in relevant field (i.e. Technical/Business) and/or Occupational Health and Safety Certificate preferred
- Relevant experience would be an asset
- First responder, Certified Safety Trainer, CRSP designation
- Knowledge of OHS Legislation, CSA Standards and related legislation and standards
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB act and policies.
- Must have the ability and availability to deal with unexpected incidents immediately
- JHSC certification Level 1 & 2 an asset
- First Aid, CPR & AED certification preferred
- Train the Trainer Certification is a plus
- WSIB (Workers Safety Insurance Board) certificate an asset
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!