Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haley has been producing magnesium and aluminum castings for the aerospace industry. Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew there is an opening for a Health and Safety Coordinator. The successful incumbent will ensure the company’s compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and associated legislation/regulations, and CSA Standards as well as the company’s safety management system to reduce losses due to occupational accidents, injury or illness. The Health and Safety Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of occupational health and safety programs (GHS, Safety talks, hazard identification, incident investigations, etc.).
- Coordinate and maintain all Health and Safety training requirements including Lift Trucks, Cranes/Hoists, LOTO, First Aid, Fit Testing, TDG, GHS, Confined Space, Working at Heights, and Fall Arrest
- Perform Health and Safety training where applicable
- Act as primary contact for WSIB claims management
- Liaise with security contractors and coordinate plant security details
- Develop, implement, and maintain contractor management program including conducting contractor orientation.
- Review, update, and maintain all Hazard Assessments, JSAs, LOTO Standard Work Instructions (SWIs)
- Actively participate in Guarding Assessments and new LOTO SWI development
- Track and maintain workplace hazards and ensure timely closeout
- Participate in incident investigations
- Conduct new employee Health and Safety orientations
- Act as Co-Chair of the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Review and update Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Coordinate Industrial Hygiene testing
- Act as Team Lead for the Emergency Preparedness and First Aid teams
- 2 year College Degree in relevant field (i.e. Technical/Business) and/or Occupational Health and Safety Certificate preferred
- Relevant experience would be an asset
- First responder, Certified Safety Trainer, CRSP designation
- Knowledge of OHS Legislation, CSA Standards and related legislation and standards
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB act and policies.
- Must have the ability and availability to deal with unexpected incidents immediately
- JHSC certification Level 1 & 2 an asset
- First Aid, CPR & AED certification preferred
- Train the Trainer Certification is a plus
- WSIB (Workers Safety Insurance Board) certificate an asset
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)