Health & Safety Specialist
This challenging position will appeal to a driven Health and Safety professional with a background working within a production or manufacturing industry. The candidate will demonstrate extremely sound judgment, supplemented with strong analytical and leadership skills.
Our client is a nationwide leading production, processing and distribution company. With a commitment to maintaining the highest level of professionalism and ethics, they attract a team of employees who are at the top of their game. The role of Health & Safety Specialist will report directly to the Health & Safety Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the safety program and ensuring employee safety.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Ensure adherence to all company safety regulations by enforcing and monitoring all personnel;
- Complete inspections, job hazard assessments and analysis, as well as record keeping;
- Manage safety meetings on a monthly basis;
- Manage investigations regarding incidents and accidents;
- Implement and oversee a safe environment for all personnel to ensure no workplace injuries or accidents;
- Look to implement improvements and gain knowledge on new trends;
- Act as liaison with internal and external resources in regards to claims management and returning to work practices.
Your strengths include:
- Completion of a recognized Health and Safety program or with equivalent training and experience;
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation would be considered an asset;
- Solid understanding of provincial safety regulation and legislation;
- Solid understanding of claim management and necessary worker’s compensation board procedures and policies;
- Able to work with management and safety team to create and implement effective training, programs, audits, and practices;
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Vijay Masih and Jason Dick.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Contact us today - Your Search Partner - to learn more!
Accounting & Finance Sales & Operations Supply Chain Human Resources Office Support Technology