Are you an experienced Health & Safety Manager looking to join a dynamic and thriving organization? If so, I would love to speak with you. Recruitment Partners is seeking an HSE Manager for our client, an Oil & Gas Services company located in Grande Prairie, AB. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the company HSE program and ensuring employee safety.Your success will be defined by your ability to:
Your strengths include:
- Act as a strong, positive health and safety presence to maintain the company health and safety culture and ensure all employees act in accordance with company policies & procedures and provincial OH&S -and TDG regulations.
- Provide ongoing leadership and coaching to personnel in health and safety techniques, current hazard assessments, safe work practices and safety standards while being visible and approachable, with the objective of improving efficiency and minimizing losses
- Assist with the creation, development, review and monitoring of current Safe Work Practices, Hazard Assessments and Work Procedures
- Conduct near miss, incident & accident and employee complaint investigations to determine trends and root causes, and develop corrective action plans and follow up to prevent re-occurrence (incident management)
- Use reasoning abilities, define problems, collect data, and establish facts to draw valid conclusions and to deal with abstract and concrete situations.
- Act as the main point of contact for WCB reporting, investigations and claims. Maintain relationships with case managers and employees regarding return to work planning, scheduling and completion.
- Conduct health and safety meetings and safety committee meetings by researching topics for discussion, taking meeting minutes, facilitating meetings, and following up on actions items.
- Listen to directions and suggestions from operations, supervisors or other employees regarding safe and appropriate work practices, while being able to determine the most effective and safe solution.
- Conduct formal and informal work site inspections and coordinate with staff to follow up.
- Conduct monthly inspections of the fire and first aid equipment at multiple locations.
- Oversee both the HSE Coordinator and the HSE/HR Administrator and provide leadership and guidance with day to day duties and long term HSE goals.
- Other job duties as required, as the above duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
What You Can Expect:
- 5 – 10 years of direct related experience in a management, leadership, or safety role; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Formal training in the following: incident management, OH&S Diploma, safety program development, WCB, and TDG.
- CRSP considered an asset.
- Background in transportation and logistics and Class 1 licence an asset.
- Valid safety certificates: Standard First Aid, H2S, eGSO, Hours of Service, Log Auditing etc.
- Superior leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and implement organizational safety objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with direct reports and all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress, and crisis situations.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Full benefits
- Opportunity to work with a thriving organization
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Vijay Masih.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!