Head of Workers’ Compensation Underwriting
We’re looking for a data-driven, results-oriented Head of Workers’ Compensation Underwriting to join the team and help grow our company. As Head of WC Underwriting, you will drive value by leading the company’s underwriting efforts and supporting a wide range of strategic initiatives. You have the business maturity to set ambitious goals and the intellectual horsepower to build creative solutions and help grow the business in a profitable manner.
- Develop and refine the company’s internal underwriting guidelines in partnership with our carrier partners.
- Manage and operationalize the underwriting processes (referrals, mid-term reviews, audits) to support the company’s plans for growth.
- Lead the underwriting expansion efforts to grow market share in new states, industries, class codes, and distribution channels.
- Keep tabs on industry regulatory changes as it pertains to rates, rules, forms, and legal decisions and identify the potential impacts to the company.
- Develop relationships with key external stakeholders and build confidence in support of our products.
- Monitor individual and aggregate pricing behavior and develop controls to identify and mitigate risks.
- Monitor overall program results and provide feedback to support strategic planning.
- Project revenue and forecast staffing needs to support the evolution of the business model.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- 6+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in Workers’ Compensation Underwriting roles covering multiple states.
- Experience developing programs and working with actuaries is preferred.
- Exceptional project management, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to lead in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceedingly high level of integrity, leadership, and teamwork in interactions across all levels of the organization
- Excellent communicator