Reporting to the President for a specialized food company and industry leader that has roughly $100 million in gross revenues. Over 200 employees and partners with 27 local farm families in the Northeast. Throughout the years, has adhered to strict quality standards to ensure that they deliver the perfect product for their clients. Focuses on product line evolution, innovation and providing world-class service to clients.
The Head of Supply Chain will have the responsibility for leading Supply Chain systems and processes including the development and implementation of supply chain strategy. Responsible for mentoring and developing current leadership.
Align Supply Chain with overall corporate strategic goals and coordinates with the production model, sales, and marketing strategies. Provides leadership in creating and overseeing an integrated supply chain organization in a dynamic environment.
Advises on the identifying, designing, implementing and administering end-to-end supply chain focusing on relevant programs to improve supply chain business processes, technologies, operations & service levels to both internal and external customers including all non-perishables, perishables, and supplies. Challenge is to create process and integration efficiencies within and between supply chain and operations through development and implementation of innovative cross functional solutions.
Assists in recruitment, development and motivation of the supply chain team, enhancing capabilities and driving accountability. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- ‘Hands On’ supply chain expertise in protein or food manufacturing processes (8 years)
- Food Cold Chain (Supply Chain) management and leadership (frozen, refrigerated, fresh) (5 years)
- Demand planning & forecasting
- Operated in entrepreneurial private or family owned environment
- Master scheduling in manufacturing environment, (i.d. JDE, Sage, XP)
- Inventory management and order fulfillment
- Manufacturing resource planning (MRP)
- Procurement (domestic and international) Indirect (warehousing, transportation and Direct (raw input)
- Multiple Warehouse, distribution, and transportation management
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and cost optimization methodology (Lean, 6-Sigma, Kaizen, TPM)
- Developed and managed KPI’s
- Supply chain systems (i.e. WMS, TMS, LMS,)
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Science or Business
- Residence: Pennsylvania (Relocation package)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Manufacturing in specialized protein base or specialty beef, hog, chicken, or seafood
- Consultative and mentoring style and approach
- Bring process and organization to fluid environment
- Effective in a dynamic and challenging family or private company environment
- Can give and take direction from ownership and translate into actionable items that improve Key Metrics.
- Decisive, resilient, action-oriented leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.107Click here to apply online