Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain - Americas for a global leader in plant-based ingredients and proteins. The company uses the best natural ingredients for Food, Nutrition and Health. Company offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can develop, learn, and help drive the overall company performance, and be recognized for doing so. A career with this dynamic and growing organization will provide you with the opportunity to work with industry leaders who are paving the way to a bright future. Our teams are driven to deliver Better Nutrition and Health. We are looking for strong and passionate people who can help fulfill the mission and vision.
The Head of Supply Chain – Canada is responsible for the Canadian supply chain department as aligned with Global structure. Will build and lead the team (8 direct reports (Intermediate Buyers, Schedule/Planner, Site Logistics Supervisor, Guardhouse Operator, Sr. Buyer-Raw materials, Sr. Agronomist) and 3 Indirect personnel). Implements an effective purchase service, to optimize process and management to obtain high external and internal customer satisfaction. Works in collaboration with Regional and Global Supply Chain teams to follow up on the upstream and downstream materials costs trends, sets up the benchmark of raw materials, to provide the purchase costs forecast of raw materials, as well as for shipping finished goods. Collaborates effectively and brings alignment with project goals and company directives to ensure policies and procedures are met at the same time project deadlines are supported. Ensures the cross-functional communication and coordination working with Sales, Manufacturing, QA, HR, EHS, & Maintenance. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Leadership role in fully integrated manufacturing company (10 years)
- Operational role in the Supply Chain, logistics, distribution in manufacturing company (5 years).
- Developed and implemented supply chain strategy, and develop supply chain targets with KPIs, plans and procedures.
- Controlled Supply Chain admin service cost. Prepared, monitored, & controlled supply chain cost & manpower budget.
- Developed annual and monthly material purchasing plan according to business plan, project plan, and production plan.
- Supervised purchasing contract completion & implementation. Planned & monitored annual purchasing cost reduction.
- Set up a supplier information database and had responsibility for the selection and optimization of the suppliers.
- Trained & developed supply chain personnel to promote organizational, cultural, performance, and CI improvements.
- Identified and drive continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
- Optimized materials & finished goods inventory to properly balance working capital & good customers satisfaction.
- Built and implemented an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive business decisions
- Managed Canada logistics, 3PL, & warehousing
- Experience working with a global network of 3PLs and transportation providers
- Accountable and take lead to ensure best transport flows inside the plant
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Management
- Residence: Manitoba (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Bi-Lingual: English & French
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership with ability to build & lead a team within ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong negotiations
- Able to manage a team in a matrix organization.
- Team player (operates through consensus)
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent project management
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.107Click here to apply online