Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Logistics
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To review, develop and implement the logistics strategy in-plant and creating the strategic vision of a logistics Hub at the Wrexham facility, implementing a world class logistics centre with processes, controls and conditions to meet and exceed the needs of the business and our Customers. The strategic planning of the organization by developing short-to-medium range plans for the department from the long range plans of the organization and/or division. You will be responsible for the entire transportation supply chain, managing business relationships and recommending preferred 3rd parties.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To manage all logistical processes, including and not limited to;
- Goods Receipt, Dispatch & Cross Dock.
- Stock management, measurement, accuracy, condition and control
- Stock issues and despatches
- Transportation of goods both internal and external to pint of use
- Management of warehouse conditions and housekeeping
- Eliminate safety incidents.
- Eliminate external quality defects.
- Meet operational budget and headcount savings targets.
- Meet Absence statistics for Planned and Unplanned absence.
- Maintain the highest 6S standard – VP standard at all times.
- Management of warehouse staff and labourers to meet the requirements of the business.
- Creation and management of logistics reporting and presentation to senior management.
- Management of the Transportation routes for all MALUK activities.
- Be pivotal in the implementation of the future business strategy of a single Logistics hub, receiving goods from overseas, UK and existing MALUK sites.
- Responsible for the motivation and productivity of the Logistics staff and liaison with the various department heads to ensure that the needs of the business are met.
- Defines key measures and objectives for the Logistics processes and staffs to ensure standards are compliant with customers’ requirements and AS9100 standards.
- Manages the waste streams from the site and ensures compliance with ISO140001.
- Holds management reviews on a regular basis with those within his control.
- Keep abreast of new emerging technologies and to make recommendations where appropriate to the strategy of the business.
- Lead follow up to Customer concerns. Identify and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures. Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues.
- Manage Manpower resource effectively to support customer delivery requirements and also Lean Manufacturing principles. Drive Company Absence Control Procedures to ensure maximum attendance levels. Deal with all personnel issues on shift including interaction with HR the Trade Union, in line with Company Policy and Collective Agreements.
- Ensure cost effective performance is enhanced by reducing operational outlay for consumables. Deliver RTR efficiencies to support Year on Year operational budget reduction.
- Ensure compliance with H & S requirements and liaise with H&S managers & representatives as necessary
- MSc in an appropriate academic area
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT’s) qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in a logistics management activity with a well-known experienced Logistics organisation.
- Stock Management and control.
- Knowledge of transportation, packaging and handling methods.
Other skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes:
- Man management with clear expectation and objective setting.
- MRP management and use
- Use of IT and all major MS packages
- Use of and ability to organise reporting structures that drive efficiency in the organisation
- Problem solving and proactive approach.
- Goal driven
- Effective communicator all levels
- Committed, focused ,
- Assertive and adaptable with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability and flexibility to work any shift changes required through business needs.
- Willingness to undergo additional training to meet developing and changing business needs.
- Willingness to provide support to other Magellan facilities both in the UK and abroad.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!