Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Customer Services
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Candidate Must have :
- Experience in Aerospace or relevant sectors.
- Experience leading and managing the customer services function into a customer portfolio with one or more of the follow companies - Airbus, GKN Aerospace, Spirit AeroSystems, Boeing and BAE Systems.
The Head of Customer Service is a key strategic and operational leadership role responsible for the development, continuous improvement and delivery of customer service standards. This objective will be underpinned by leveraging process, technology and pioneering best practice to deliver industry leading service outcomes for our customers. The role has significant levels of responsibility and accountability for operational delivery and furthermore, for defining, developing and inspiring positive Customer Service team culture.
The Head of Customer Service represents a challenging role for a talented and driven individual operating in an established international aerospace manufacturing organisation. The post holder should be a highly focused individual, able to operate at a senior level; leading and managing the customer services function into our significant customer portfolio, which includes Airbus, GKN Aerospace, Spirit AeroSystems, Boeing and BAE Systems.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Clearly define customer service imperatives, objectives and strategy, with supporting metrics and KPIs to ensure appropriate measurement of outcomes.
- Define, negotiate and agree effective utilisation of the resource required to discharge service and contractual obligations.
- Work effectively with all peers and stakeholders within commercial, finance and operations to negotiate and influence improvements in customer experience.
- Using customer insight and root cause analytics, consistently develop improvements and embed consensus driven change projects; utilising / building on existing technology, new technology and process evolution.
- Review the efficacy of customer service policies / procedures and amend / develop as appropriate.
- Ensure delivery of an effective, enterprise-wide and robust contract review process.
- Position as the ‘voice of the customer’ across the organisation and generate customer intimacy through visits, workshops and other collaborative means of relationship / loyalty development.
- Based on robust data streams, devise strategies and cadence for challenging customers on deviation of demand outside the anticipated profile / forecast.
- Secure specific customer intelligence in order to provide a ‘why’ narrative to the ‘what’ has occurred.
- Ownership of understanding and documenting the high-level customer decision making matrix; identify key relationship stakeholders and devise strategies to deliver effective influence.
- Create and maintain dynamic customer account development plans for each of major client in the portfolio.
- Take the lead in identifying and communicating risk that has the propensity to cause financial or operational impact to our business or customers.
- Ensure delivery of a mechanism to capture customer in-contract liquidated damages and devise counter claims / strategies to offset resultant financial impairment.
- Identify and provide feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching and development opportunities. Empower, engage and inspire the customer service team.
- Assist the Director of Business Development & Commercial - Europe in delivering order intake and delivering strategic initiatives
- Promote and encourage team working across functional roles to ensure delivery of contractual requirements, minimise risk and win business.
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety based upon safe working practices and support environmental initiatives.
- Support for business strategy and departmental goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- Degree level in Business preferable, or similar equivalent experience
- Must have experience in Aerospace or relevant sectors.
- Must have experience leading and managing the customer services function into a significant customer portfolio with one or more of the follow companies - Airbus, GKN Aerospace, Spirit AeroSystems, Boeing and BAE Systems.
- Extensive experiencing of managing operational customer service teams
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting the relevant markets.
- Proven Management and/or relationship management experience at a senior, strategic level role.
- Established track record of exceeding targets, KPI’s SLA’s, in a quality led, legislative compliant environment
- Able to interpret and develop strategy and make recommendations.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and communicate with others at all levels
- Influential relationships skills at all. Able to use these relationships to deliver service improvements
- Demonstrated experience of operating with and supporting an enterprise wide collaborative philosophy, SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) preferable.
- Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment
- Evidence of well-developed leadership skills.
- Computer and analytical skills required with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Extensive experience of ERP systems, SAP preferred
- Strong demonstrated communication, negotiation and customer satisfaction skills required.
- Travel as required to support staff and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Cultural awareness
- Strategically strong and equally execution and delivery oriented
- Results oriented
- Planning and organizing
- Commercial awareness
- Resilience and high personal motivation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including negotiating and contracting
- Experience of developing and leading others
- Good team work skills, actively involves colleagues across the business, builds the benefits of collaborative working
- Measures of Performance will be based on,100% customer deliveries on-time with zero customer complaints.
- Gravitas and energy
- Approachable and engaging in style
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Must have a can do attitude
- Detail orientated
- Measured and calm when under pressure
- Credible – both with the internal and external customer
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!