Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee and manage all aspects of cloud program including engineering and devops, drive cloud migration projects, implementation of operational, security and cost controls, periodic reporting on operational and cost metrices, ensure best practices are implemented and manage the CCoE program.
- Lead the design and build of cloud infrastructure, applications and services within AWS and/or other cloud providers.
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Help manage the business aspects of the cloud office and center of excellence.
- Deploys best in class practices for cloud computing including operational, security and cost controls. Work with in-house cloud security experts to implement a security framework that satisfies Industry & Complaince standards for implementing cloud solutions in public clouds.
- Help standardize and document processes and procedures for cloud operational and support model.
- Responsible for developing, tracking, and maintaining milestones, schedules, minutes, status reports, and other project artifacts and technical deliverables with the help of cloud project manager.
- Lead operational and support aspects of cloud program like, review of vendor/contracts, cost monitoring/control, communication plan and documentation. Present operational, security and cost related periodic reports to Sr management.
- Develop a strong cloud center of excellence and mature the processes and best practices around that.
- Manage the sysops/support aspects of cloud operation
- 15+ years of deep engineering experience as a senior infrastructure leader in a large firm with substantial cloud presence, preferably on an enterprise scale AWS setup in a financial services environment.
- Strong experiene with cloud engineering, devops, migration, transformation, and migration management, preferably with mass migrations technology, and eventually roll the functions under a cloud business office.
- Experience setting up a cloud center of excellence along with related organizational structure and training plans.
- Deep understanding of cloud security controls, logs, tools etc. and ability to audit those.
- Deep understanding of AWS billing and pricing strategies (such as different credit and discount schemes) and related toolsets to optimize cloud cost. Similar experience with Azure and other cloud environments helpful. Up to date with latest cloud technologies and practices.
- Understanding of latest cloud technologies/services (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud) Experience with preparing documentation, reports and presentation for stakeholders (business/IT leaders).
- Experience working on various aspect of projects like Vendor management, Software contracts, communication management, implementation and tracking.
- Experience with leading cloud sysops and support functions.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- AWS Certifications.
- Cloud sysops experience
- Cloud experience in Financial or asset management industry
- Experience with project management tools (MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA)