Title: Hardware Test Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1473668477
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Hardware Test Engineer to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Beaverton, OR.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Part of a Technical Order Fulfillment team supporting the introduction of new products into contract manufacturing facilities
- Responsible and accountable for timely introduction of new products to manufacturing operations
- Follow established techniques to design, develop and improve the products, processes and components that will continue to support our client as the world leader in test and measurement technologies
- Resolve technical problems, improve producibility and maintain the integrity of the product’s design.
- Responsible for production test and test system development, production process design and verification for new products designed by the R&D team.
- Provide Engineering support to resolve technical problems on digital and analog circuitry
- Following release to production, provide ongoing support for improvements in production test and repair processes to improve production line efficiency and product quality
- Support product design and manufacturing changes as required, to address part obsolescence, design defects, quality, performance and producibility issues.
- Participate in critical design review and test readiness review meetings and provide tooling and process and equipment requirements for new products
- Proactively develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards
- Work with manufacturing site and R&D to establish quality control and assurance procedures, testing protocols and inspection criteria for incoming, in-process and out-going products according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- Provide guidance to Manufacturing and ODM/OEM sites regarding root cause analysis and corrective action on process/product failures
- Evaluate customer requirements and coordinate design, modification, fabrication and manufacturing process to accommodate customer needs
- Collaborate between sites, functions and with suppliers to facilitate reduced cycle time resulting in shortened NPI schedules
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7+ years relevant experience
- RF test experience
- Product development/prototype experience
- Well rounded, systems background with experience in HW, SW, Electrical and Mechanical design (Understands whole product and able to deal with all components)
- Experience working closely with customers and has ability to decipher customer needs and translate that into viable products
- Keen problem-solving ability
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in job and ability to work independently.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.