Chief Financial Officer - "Hands On" - Rapidly Growth Company with small Accounting Deparment
C.E.O. is seeking a seasoned C.F.O. that can handle the challenges of an entrepreneurial culture in a growing business. Must be willing to execute and manage significant day to day activities as well develop longer term and strategic plans and thought. The company maintains its entrepreneurial roots and family ownership culture where all are expected to get it done!
Reporting Relationship and Responsibilities: This is a growth opportunity requiring a CFO with experience structuring, consolidating, leveraging, and growing a business. As a key member of the Executive Management Team, the CFO will report directly to the CEO and work closely with him. The ideal candidate will have experience in all or most related to:
- Financial Statement preparation and presentation
- Audit, Accounting, and Tax oversight and knowledge
- Bank reporting and Capital raise relationship responsibility
- Acquisition and Business Plan Modeling
- Private equity knowledge and interface
- Working Capital and business operational interface to manage margin and cost optimization.
- Investor relations communication to small and limited group
This full-time role will require occasional travel to the location in Texas and as needed with key 3rd party providers and partners.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven CFO experience with a standalone company with history of growth. Experience with full P&L exposure expected. Strong operational experience in light manufacturing, or distribution geared towards consumer retail would be a plus.
- Acting as the right-hand person to the CEOs as a strong strategic partner and confidant.
- Willing and capable of working with minimal direct staff and highly entrepreneurial culture.
- Directing and overseeing all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluating and advising the CEOs on the impact of long range financial forecasting, budget planning, and consolidations, introduction of new programs / strategies and regulatory action.
- Providing leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensuring credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Effectively managing relationships with external stakeholders, including banks, auditors and key vendors in the insurance and IT areas. This individual must be an enthusiastic communicator of the company’s vision, and be able to lead, question and solve business issues and challenges. Strong desire to effectively lead organizational improvements to allow for continued growth while properly managing to minimize costs and / or eliminating risk. The CFO must be proactive and engaged establishing and maintaining strong relationships seeking outside resources and provides to establishing solutions.
- Experience leading the annual operating plan and long-range planning process; providing financial and business decision leadership.
- Accountability for all aspects of accounting operations including the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures, ensuring the integrity of the company’s financial data and external financial reporting.
- Possessing strong financial planning, annual budget modeling and acquisition modeling skills and business acumen.
- Experienced with working capital management, credit financing, and cash application and cash management / forecasting.
- Ensuring that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Strong project and cost management experience: A history of reducing overhead, consolidating financial operations, integrating systems, improving procurement efforts, billing and receiving, as well as demonstrated capabilities in driving process improvements and improved analytics.
- Strong project and cost management experience in managing outsourced IT and various corporate Health and P&C Insurance lines:
- Due Diligence experience and analysis and conducting M&A deals.
- Experience working with in a private company with L.L.C partnership structures like those employed in private equity firms, understanding the reporting requirements, key drivers and experience successfully exiting a deal would be a strong plus.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or finance and a CPA. MBA highly preferred.
Personal Characteristics Needed:
- A positive, even tempered, hands-on, results oriented person and proven leader who can be a good partner and strong advisor to the CEO.
- Highly intelligent, problem solver orientation, acts with integrity, builds teams, and earns the respect of others.
- Fast paced, highly driven and willing to do whatever it takes while remaining highly amiable and grounded.
- Is accountable, honest, and trustworthy. Together, with the CEOs, will alert investors of any issues which may materially affect operating results, company liability and/or investment returns.
- Salary - $180k - $220k
- 401K with match
- Health Insurance
Click here to apply online