The Hadoop Application Architect Exec. creates architectural solutions that articulate the business context, conceptual design, and component-level logical design.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Recommends new technologies based upon business value drivers and return on investment; drives new technologies towards implementation and exploitation.
- Establishes overall architecture vision for the platform and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged; contributes to the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
- Understands the construction of platform architecture components and is accountable for overseeing the architecture solution design.
- Coordinates all platform-level conceptual architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture).
- Defines, communicates and drives security architecture design and monitors compliance to enterprise-level architectural standards.
- Defines systems, technical and application architectures for new strategic initiatives; develops and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap that defines and communicates the strategic direction for these architectures in support of business and technical strategies; able to explain how the roadmap maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness.