Hadoop Application Architect -Relocation Available
The Hadoop Application Architect Exec. creates architectural solutions that articulate the business context, conceptual design, and component-level logical design.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Recommends new technologies based upon business value drivers and return on investment; drives new technologies towards implementation and exploitation.
- Establishes overall architecture vision for the platform and ensures specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged; contributes to the holistic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
- Understands the construction of platform architecture components and is accountable for overseeing the architecture solution design.
- Coordinates all platform-level conceptual architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture).
- Defines, communicates and drives security architecture design and monitors compliance to enterprise-level architectural standards.
- Defines systems, technical and application architectures for new strategic initiatives; develops and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap that defines and communicates the strategic direction for these architectures in support of business and technical strategies; able to explain how the roadmap maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in related field; 7 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 12 years of experience in information technologies and/or 8 years of experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Hadoop technical architecture.
- Experience with Big Data Development and developing Distributed Applications.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with languages like Java, Scala.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS data warehouse development.
- Experience developing Data Analytics solutions.