Our client, located in the Washington, DC area, has an immediate opening for an experienced HVAC Mechanic.
POSITION SUMMARY: The HVAC Mechanic will help (Heat Pumps, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Gas and Oil Furnaces & Boilers) while maintaining the highest level of customer service and team approach to achieving work goal.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates must have experience in general HVAC , maintenance and attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with HVAC tasks and work, supports team, and installs equipment
- Completes a wide range of HVAC work from routine and non-routine maintenance
- Performs diagnostics and emergency repairs of commonplace HVAC equipment and systems, and perform routine preventative maintenance
- May help sustain company’s growth by offering customers beneficial products and services such as preventive maintenance and service warranty
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications
- Install new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, evaporator units in chassis or in air-duct system
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to a power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned and responds to emergency requests
- CFC, Masters HVAC Certification (preferred)
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate-Required.
- Experience: 2-4 years.
- Experience Substitution for Education (If allowed): Yes.
- Licenses/Certifications: Not required but would be a plus.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Familiarity with HVAC systems, wiring and tubing equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Accountability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Detailed and ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly and customer focused to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct
- Safety Awareness to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills, and communication skills
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
For consideration submit resume to email@example.comClick here to apply online