As an HVAC laboratory technician, you will be working in a lab environment and assisting engineers in preparing and testing HVAC systems such as heat pumps, and air conditioners.
Essential Job Functions
Click here to apply online
- Have knowledge of HVAC components such as coils, air-movers, wiring, electronics, control boards, copper tubes, compressors, etc.
- Hands-on with mechanical assembly of HVAC systems and components
- Modify prototypes following the standards and instructions as directed by engineers
- Understand and execute the standard ASHRAE, AHRI, and UL test processes, note anomalies and deviations from the process, and apply the appropriate corrective action
- Read engineering documents like schematics, drawings, technical spec sheets, etc.
- Record and document test setups, results, and incidents in detail and with high-level accuracy
- Be able to do troubleshooting/diagnostics and solve the problems excitedly
- Perform test chamber calibration in accordance with suppliers' guidelines