HRIS Project Manager
Magellan Aerospace Limited, Corporate
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Corporate has an exciting opportunity for an HRIS Project Manager. The successful incumbent have the opportunity to build best practices and procedures that will help realize strategic initiatives for the company. This position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources and is responsible for implementing, maintaining HRIS systems, data integrity, and leading process changes associated with those systems. The role serves as the direct liaison between the HR global team and our IT function.
We are two years into a new ERP journey with SAP S4HANA and we are now embarking on the implementation of SAP SuccessFactors – a cloud-based best in class system. We require a seasoned professional to strengthen the foundation of our system and look to innovation to help us realize our strategic HR initiatives. The successful candidate enjoys problem solving, collaborating with other subject matter experts, and data-driven decision-making
This transformation truly looks for innovation and standardization for one of the most respected names in the Aerospace industry. This is an opportunity to take something great and make it even better for someone rooted with good HR skills and acumen and has a passion for projects and automation.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and expertise with the implementation on SAP SuccessFactors and the conversion of HRIS and analytics including collaboration across multiple functions and partners.
- Provide systems support to all end-users of HR systems at all levels in the organization.
- Develop and maintains HRIS standards and controls to ensure data integrity and HRIS functionality by resolving problems and recommending solutions to meet requirements.
- Define requirements, implements, and manages the core HR Systems.
- Perform user-acceptance testing, researches data discrepancies, confirms accuracy and integrity of all data entered, and ensures information is available on a timely basis.
- Identifies and recommends technical solutions to address opportunities to improve existing processes and optimize operational effectiveness within HR.
- Partner with management and leadership to identify data and metrics requirements.
- Design and executes reporting and analytics strategy. Develops information to be included in presentations, reports, charts, and graphs.
- Develop and delivers training, user guides, and facilitates communications to ensure end-user understanding of HRIS systems and processes.
- Lead teams through system and process changes.
- Act as a strategic partner to determine how best to support the organization through data retained in HR Systems and be relentless in seeking continuous improvement.
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience with a focus in Human Resources, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years HRIS experience is required. Ideally a combination of 5 years’ experience of HR generalist and HRIS role.
- Experience with SAP preferred including any experience with SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC), Employee Central Payroll (ECP), Talent, Recruiting modules, or cloud-based HR system.
- Training in Lean, Six Sigma, or other problem-solving methodology is not required but is an asset.
- Experience with Time and Attendance system such as Kronos, ShopVie, or other, and strong problem-solving skills in lieu of SAP experience will also be considered.
- Capable of communicating and supporting employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with external vendors & partners.
- Exceptional ability to listen to the voice of the customer.
- Experience leading teams through projects and process changes.
- Work independently in a global matrix environment.
- Strong analytical mind with a sense of urgency and self-initiative for growth and development.
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain, and analyze data in spreadsheets, reports, and charts.
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Previous experience designing or administering a relational database would be advantageous, but not required
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state/provincial, or local law)