A Steel Manufacturer is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for biweekly payroll for all union employees. This position has the responsibility to record and monitor employee time and payroll data. Ensure that the time keeping system is calculating proper pay rates and hours per union contract. Update and monitor the payroll system to ensure all rates, deductions, garnishments, insurance premiums, 401k deductions are correct. Responsible for all aspects of Hourly payroll for two plants. Also assists with other HR functions as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for approximately 500 union employees using Kronos and ADP software.
- Communicate completed payroll information to Finance for funding and accounting purposes.
- Review entries and/or set up each employee in all payroll systems: Kronos, HRB, ADP, Workforce Now and John Hancock Retirement Services.
- Weekly run through of all hourly timecards to ensure being paid according to contract.
- Review Kronos download information for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure valid payroll data transfers to ADP for processing payroll.
- Contact various department supervisors for questions regarding employee timecards.
- Track and set up all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Track paid time off balances.
- Prepare/distribute detailed payroll reports including union dues, pension contributions, HSA contributions, etc.
- Administers 401(k) and Steelworkers Pension Trust retirement plans and ensures compliance with ERISA.
- Maintain personnel and medical files along with system set up for new hires.
- Labor Agreement Administration includes attendance, annual vacation eligibility process.
- Benefit administration includes open enrollment, insurance premium processing, claim resolution and system change reporting.
- Completes annual 401k audit and assists Accounting with all other audits that involve payroll and HR information.
- Processes monthly life insurance, dental, and vision premiums.
- Perform other related work as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent
5-7 years payroll processing experience
Experience with automated Hours and Earnings gathering software (Kronos) and automated Payroll software, specifically ADP.